Thank you to those of you who filled participated in the LENNDEVOURS Reader and New York Wine Interest survey. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to let me know how we're doing here with the site and what you'd like to learn more about.
To those of you who didn't participate -- shame on you. Just joking...but participate next time, got it?
It's amazing how much you can learn when you simply ask your readers what they want. I learned quite a bit about my readership and what interests them most about what we're doing here at LENNDEVOURS.
- More than half of respondants were from New York...whether NYC, Long Island or upstate
- I'm younger than all but four survey participants
- You enjoy reading about the food and wine adventures Nena and I have most, followed by wine tasting notes and then information on NY wineries
- You dont' care about the reprints of my 'for print' writing
- Many of you are buying NY wines based on what you read on LENNDEVOURS, particularly those from smaller producers like Lieb Cellars and Comtesse Therese
- You want more information on pairing Long Island wines with food
- You want to learn New York wines that aren't from Long Island
- You want New York winery event listings
Thank you again for helping to make LENNDEVOURS all it can be. In the coming weeks I plan to incorporate this information with some of my own ideas for how to improve the site.