What do you get when the premier Utah-based wine blogger (Beau) gets together with the foremost New York wine blogger (that's me) and the Wine Goddess (that's Kori) on Long Island's bucolic, but currently soggy North Fork?
We'll find out tomorrow...but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun. The current plan is to hit six tasting rooms, including:
- Macari Vineyards where we'll get a taste of one of my favorite dessert wines
- The Tasting Room where we'll get to sample wines from a handful of artisanal producers
- Lieb Family Cellars where we'll taste one of my favorite local bubblies
- Castello di Borghese where we'll get a little bit of Long Island winery history
- Bedell Cellars where we'll enjoy some of the best reds around
- Paumanok Vineyards where we'll drink great wines and meet one of my favorite owner/winemakers
Sadly, I can't take them to all of the places I'd like. The wineries are only open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. after all. And unlike many winery visitors, we're not going to be plowing through the tastings. Six stops is about two times what Nena and I usually do.
I only wish my lovely wife and tasting partner, Nena could join us. But, tomorrow is one of the few days she's had to work this week. Teachers sure get a lot of holidays, don't they? (Just teasing honey).