If you've read Gastronomie at all, you've no doubt seen references to "C" (also known as Fatemeh's husband). I'm not going to "out" his full name, but now that I've met them, the mystery has been solved.
We had an awesome time stopping at three of my favorite wineries yesterday -- Roanoke Vineyards, Lieb Family Cellars and Waters Crest Winery. We were a little pressed for time, so I wanted to take them to places where I knew we'd get to talk to passionate winemakers and owners who really just love what they are doing.
Early on in the tasting, Fatemeh made some comment about not always liking bright acidity in whites...before revelling in the natural acidity in most Long Island whites. She's a complicated woman folks, but she and C were a joy to taste with. Like a lot of bloggers, they are passionate and just plan love food and wine...but I think what sets them apart is that they remember that it's all supposed to be fun. I think sometimes many of us start to take this all a little too seriously.
- Wolffer Estate Late Harvest Chardonnay
- Roanoke Vineyards Red Table Wine Blend #2 (a cab franc dominated meritage blend)
- Lieb Family Cellars Blanc de Blanc (sparkling pinot blanc)
- Waters Crest Winery "Night Watch" (an ice wine style blend of riesling, gewurtz and chardonnay)
- Waters Crest Winery Riesling
Unfortunately, Nena was unable to join us on the quick tour, but something tells me that this won't be the last time I drink with Fatemeh and C. Far from it I think.