Bedell Cellars is looking to hire a new Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager. The position combines wine club management with development of our most upscale and sophisticated customers--both retail buyers plus wholesale customers like sommeliers and restaurants.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Conduct external tastings and events in NYC and Hamptons to drive brand awareness (e.g. City-Meals-On-Wheels in Rockefeller Center)
- Develop and maintain wine club website and quarterly newsletter
- Work with other management staff in developing wine club promotions & incentives
- Train, oversee and report on tasting room staff wine club incentive program
- Write five year plan, including goals for sales, new member sign-up, and annual retention/attrition
- Assemble and ship wines quarterly assuring timely fulfillment of member & VIP orders
- Forecast wines for future shipments and manage wine club inventory allocations
- Develop and maintain database system to track contact info, buying history, visits, favorite wines, customer profiling
- Complete weekly and monthly wine club, sales, brand building and compliance reports
- Solicit and host weekend VIP tours and tastings (some weekend and night work required)
- Develop concierge/attendant relationships with upscale customers and top sommeliers in NYC
- Create and execute tailored events and promos to drive sales and build upscale brand relationships
Salary etc. will be commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please contact Bedell's COO, Trent Preszler, directly.