We bought a new refrigerator about eight months ago. We had been very happy with it until died on us about a week ago. It started when we noticed that some things weren't freezing rock hard in the freezer. Then, day by day, stuff started to thaw and the refrigerator side started to get warmer and warmer as well.
After waiting a week for Sears to come fix it, they came last night around 6:30, well after the "between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m." window we were given (I took a day off work to accommodate) and said they couldn't fix it and that someone else would have to come. Nena called this "someone else" this morning and they can't come for yet another week.
So, we'll be without an operating fridge for a total of two weeks...or at least that's what it looks like now.
It's been an interesting week already. So I thought I'd put together a list of things that answer the question: What do you do when Sears screws you over?
- You throw away a couple hundred dollars worth of formerly frozen meat and other food that is no longer safe to eat.
- You buy ice every day so you can keep milk and food for your 5-month old son in a cooler.
- You cancel a weekend BBQ for 20 co-workers because you can't do any prep for it or keep anything cold.
- You drink more red wine that white because you can't easily chill whites.
- You learn to be creative with pantry staples like pasta, bread crumbs and beans.
- You eat out a little more.
- You use your blog to vent before your head explodes.
- You vow never to buy another Kenmore/Sears appliance again. Ever.
Pardon the interruption. Regularly scheduled programing will continue this evening with Wine Blogging Wednesday.