Retail Operations Manager
Established in 1979, this winery was among the first handful of founding wine properties in what is now a vibrant 3500 acre wine-growing region on Long Island’s bucolic North Fork - just 90 miles from mid-town Manhattan.
The winery and tasting room grounds center on a turn-of-the-century family homestead in the heart of Cutchogue, NY. There are open lawns, and beautiful vistas across the surrounding vineyards. Located directly on “The Long Island Wine Trail (Route 25)”, the winery receives excellent seasonal traffic flows driving retail sales from the winery.
With the completion of an interior renovation of our tasting room, we seek an energetic, wine savvy and dynamic hospitality-oriented tasting room manager who can efficiently build, lead and train a staff of 12 (rotational), and create a tightly managed tasting room that consistently delivers outstanding, friendly, courteous and knowledgeable service. This position will interact directly with Marketing to define and execute on the total client experience at the winery and in all aspects of sales to individuals, onsite and online.
Successful candidate will have at least 2 years of higher education and at least 5 years of success in a well-managed, hospitality-oriented sales environment -- higher end food and wine.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Creating dynamic programs and events to draw and interest visitors and encourage repeat visitation.
- Hiring and training staff to brand standards.
- Delivering first-rate service to guests in presenting our wines, philosophies and brand message at our tasting room and any future additional outlets.
- Merchandizing wines and related items with retail design sensibilities appropriate to the brand.
- Fully exploit capabilities of our POS system, to enhance the client experience and create lasting relationships.
- Coordinate all retail client “touches” including, e-nnouncements, newsletters, and wine club initiatives. Hire light entertainment such as authors for book signings, storytellers, musicians and other on-site entertainment
- Exceptional record-keeping and fiscal management, including financial projection and budgeting.
You must be able to stand for long periods, lift and handle 45Lbs as necessary
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Please send resume, supporting information, and salary requirements to:
Ms. Jennifer Bruer
PO Box 818
Cutchogue, New York 11935