A couple of weeks ago, I announced that canvas Magazine is hosting another in our serious of "Drink Local" events. A the time I knew the wineries that are coming, but didn't know what wines would be poured or the food that Whole Foods Market would be served. Now I do and I wanted to share them.
Whole Foods will be making three hot dishes for the event, and I've listed the wine pairings that we're doing as well:
Thai Coconut Lentil Soup
- Martha Clara Vineyards 2007 Pinot Grigio
- Martha Clara Vineyards 2007 Viognier
- Martha Clara Vineyards 2005 Five-0 Red
- Roanoke Vineyards 2007 De Rosa (Rose)
- Roanoke Vineyards 2007 Chardonnay
- Wolffer Estate 2004 Reserve Chardonnay
Summer Beef Tagine
- Martha Clara Vineyards 2004 6025 Meritage
- Medolla Vineyards 2002 Merlot
- Medolla Vineyards 2003 Merlot
- Wolffer Estate 2005 Reserve Merlot
There will also be a large cheese table with a variety of cheeses to go with the wines. We should have those pinned down within the next few days.
The food was really great last time and it sounds like it's going to be great again.
Tickets are still available online and are $30 pre-paid and $40 at the door. We were at capacity last time around, so I don't expect there to be many tickets available the day of the event.