By Lenn Thompson, Executive Editor
Just a quick reminder that Wine Blogging Wednesday, the monthly tasting I created back in 2004 (after being inspired by a similarly styled food blog event) makes its triumphant return to the blogosphere tomorrow with WBW #70: Spain! hosted by Ryan and Gabriella Opaz of Catavino.
For this 70th edition of WBW, the Iberian super-blogger duo is asking us to:
- Choose a Spanish wine or wines to taste on Wednesday the 16th of February.
- Seek out Spanish wines that you’ve never had before! Get creative! Hunt for unique styles such as a Sherry, Cava, Fondillon or Mistella; an unheard of region like Arribes, Txakoli de Alava or Extremadura; or a unique native grape like Prieto Picudo or Treixadura.
- Write a post about the wine, flushing it out with life and subtle detail, then publish it on Wednesday, February 16th.
- Tweet about it with the tag: #WBW70 thus creating a live tasting by time zone as we go around the globe!
- Finally, send an email to them with a link to your article and include the subject line: “WBW #70 Submission
I'm heading down to the cellar here in a few minutes to pull some Spanish wine for my own post -- I hope you're planning to do the same.