By Lenn Thompson, Executive Editor
On Saturday, April 30 from 1-4 p.m. the New York Cork Report, Peconic Bay Winery and Lacrosse for Autism are partnering for a wine-tasting event to benefit The Cody Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities at Stony Brook University.
I first met the founders of Lacrosse for Autism -- a local non-profit that raises money for autism research -- in September at our Angelman Syndrome event, and when my wife Nena and I were deciding what charity we'd like to benefit with our next event, it was a no-brainer.
Tickets for the event are $40 with a significant portion of that going directly to the charity. Attendees will enjoy an afternoon of $2 glasses of wine (every penny going to charity), wine-friendly nibbles by Luce-Hawkins, 10% off bottle purchases and access to our silent auction -- which already has some outstanding lots finalized
- Channing Daughters Winery: Case of Mosaico
- Clovis Point: 6-pack of 2007 Reds
- Heron Hill Winery: Red Wine Gift Basket
- Hunt Country Vineyards: Mixed Case of Riesling
- Jamesport Vineyards: Wine Four-Pack
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars: 4-Pack of Single-Vineyard Rieslings
- Luce-Hawkins: 3-Course Long Island Wine Dinner for 2 and 25% off a room for the night
- McCall Vineyards: Case of 2009 Rose
- Macari Vineyards: Case of Half Rose and Half Early Wine
- North Fork Table and Inn: Gift Certificate for Lunch
- Palmer Vineyards: VIP Tour and Tasting with Winemaker for 8 People
- Raphael: Boxed 3-Year Vertical of First Label Merlot
- Roanoke Vineyards: Boxed 3-Year Vertical of Gabby's Cabernet Franc
- Robibero Family Winery: Mixed Case of Wine
- Sheldrake Point Vineyards: Ice Wine Gift Box
- Shinn Estate Vineyards: Mixed Case of Wine
- Wolffer Estate Vineyards: Bottle of 2005 Christian’s Cuvee
Comtesse Therese, Martha Clara Vineyards and Waters Crest Winery will also be donating auction lots. If you're a New York winery, restaurant or other organization that would like to donate to the cause, please let me know.
Peconic Bay Winery has also generously offered to donate $100 for every attendee who signs up for their wine club.
I'd also like to thank American Tent Company for donating a tent for our event.
To order tickets: Call Valerie Hallock at Peconic Bay Winery 631-734-7361.